Bhubaneswar, 19th June, 2016(OdishaLIVE Bureau): To mark the Father’s Day (June 19th), Parichay Foundation team decided to launch “SHRIE” Awards as a humble attempt to salute the exemplary work of men in various fields. For the first year, the foundation has selected the list of awardees on the basis of the recommendations of its all-women executive committee members and Aarya awardees, allowing the women to judge the works of their counterparts.
Parichay Foundation awarded 12 men achievers in various fields for the first edition of Shrie Awards
- Field of Social Work- Mr. Sujit Mahapatra
- Field of Medical Science- Dr. Madhabana Kar
- Field of Literature- Mr. Satyarth Nayak
- Field of Sports- Md Jafar Iqbal
- Field of Art & Culture- Mr. Saswat Joshi
- Field of Education- Mr. Bijoy Kumar Sahoo
- Field of Entrepreneur- Mr. Santosh Panda
- Field of Entertainment- Mr. Yash A Patnaik
- Field of Media- Mr. RashmiRanjanParida
- Field of Special Category (Promoting Odia Culture Abroad)- Mr. Sambit Mishra
- Field of CSR-Syndicate Bank
- Life Time Achievement Award for Social Work- Joe Madiath
School and Mass Education Minister Debi Prasad Mishra, MLA Priyadarshi Mishra, Actors Seema Biswas and Anu Choudhury, KIIT & KISS founder Achyut Samanta and Iti Samanta were also present during the event.
Parichay Foundation is a 9-year-old philanthropic organisation engaged in promotion of Indian art and culture and bringing about economic and social upliftment of underprivileged women and children in urban slums of Odisha and Delhi. It also works in the hinterland of Odisha.
Through its various projects, the foundation has been making a humble attempt to bring about a difference in the lives of hundreds of women and children who deserve better lives and social justice. For its outstanding work, the foundation has also been felicitated by the President of India and recognised by the United Nations.
While the foundation believes in empowerment of women, it also wants to recognize the role played by men for a better society.