Bhubaneswar, 17th September 2016 (OdishaLIVE Bureau): Odisha Vikash Conclave will be held from 19 to 21 September at Bhubaneswar. Niti Ayog Vice Chairman Dr. Arvind Panagaria will inaugurate the conclave.
The 3 day long proposed conclave will identify and prioritize issues for immediate, medium and long term action for the state in harmony with globally agreed sustainable development goals. It will also seek to provide both state and central Governments with grassroots prospective and best particles solutions from the ground.
Also it will create opportunities for meaningful collaboration and synergy building among the Government, Civil Society Organizations, Corporate Houses, Research Institutions and Donor Communities to have dialogue on the developmental challenges and collectively agree upon a common agenda to strategically overcome those challenges in the State.
The main objectives of this Conclave would be:
- To create a platform for multiple stake holders like government, civil society, academia, research institutes and private sector for a shared understanding on the development challenges in the state of Odisha;
- To identify and prioritize issues for immediate, medium and long term action for the State in harmony with the globally agreed Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- To provide the Government (both State & the Centre) with grassroots perspective and best practice solutions from the ground; and
- To build synergy between the Government, civil society organizations, research institutes and private sector for convergence and multi-stakeholder collaboration.
The expected outcomes of the Conclave would be:
- Stimulating public debate and creating an informed discourse around Sustainable Development Agenda 2030 for Odisha;
- Articulation of a clear road map for addressing the development challenges;
- Building an effective Collaborative framework to reach the SDGs;
- Creation of an Institutional mechanism for follow-up;
- Devising an independent monitoring mechanism through the Odisha Development Report (beginning 2017).
The Core Thematic Areas proposed for Discussion/Deliberation in the Conclave are Food Security, Social Security and Well-being, Livelihoods, Development of tribal and other marginalized communities, Disaster Risk Reduction, Disaster Preparedness and Disaster Response, Governance, Fiscal Management and Inclusive Growth.
The proposed initiative would facilitate larger participation of different stakeholders in the development process, inform people about the innovations & best practices, and influence the policies and programs so as to achieve the goals as reflected in the SDGs.