- 8 Veteran Entrepreneurs were awarded the ‘Kusali Odia Samman’
- A website and book released dedicated to Madhubabu
- Display of ‘Start-up Odisha’ at ‘Start-up Corner’
Bhubaneswar, 28th May, 2016: Utkal Gaurav Madhusudan Das was the pioneer of the most heard slogans of today, ‘Make In India’, ‘Start Up India’ & ‘Skill India’. During the British reign, he was not only among the first few entrepreneurs but also he dreamed of India’s financial upgrade through the combination of traditional art & culture with modern science & technology. Webchannel ‘OdishaLIVE’ on Saturday organized ‘Madhubabu & Make In Odisha’ at Jaydev Bhawan, Bhubaneswar where researchers and quests shared the above viewpoint about Madhubabu and also described him as the inspiration towards the young entrepreneurs of today.
OdishaLIVE organized this program aiming to proliferate Madubabu’s life and work ethics in promoting Odisha’s industrial development on a national and international arena. On this occasion, ‘Madhubabu – The Global Indian’, a book on the life and times of Madhusudan Das and a website ‘madhubabu.org’ has been released to the public.
- Tapan Kumar Chand, CMD, NALCO for Global Business Leader
- Soumya Ranjan Patnaik, Editor, Sambad for Mass Communication and Language
- Padma Vibhushan Ragunath Mohapatra, Veteran Scupltor and Artist for Arts & Crafts
- Sanjib Kumar Rout, Founder& Chairman, CV Raman Group of Institutions for Technical Education and Training
- Mukti Kanta Mishra, Founder & President, Centurion University of Technology & Management for Skill Development
- Subrat Kumar Jena & Dr. Maya Gantayet, Founders, Ashwini Hospital for HealthCare
- J K Mohanty, Chairman, Swosti Group for Hospitality
Shri Devi Prasad Mishra, Minister for Industries, School & Mass Education and Dr. Arun Kumar Sahoo, Minister for Panchayati Raj and Law inaugurated the program ‘Madhubabu & Make In Odisha’ and also awarded the ‘Kusali Odia Samman’ to the awardees. A memorial lecture was also presented by writer and Madhu- researcher, Shri Dash Benhur, on this occasion.
“Madhubabu has been the true entitled inspiration for the steps being taken today towards the development of industry and skill. We need to represent him and his endeavors nationally”, said the Industries Minister, Shri Devi Prasad Mishra. “ Madhubabu was truly a global Indian. A digital platform along with this initiative from OdishaLIVE to promote the life of Madhubabu is a commendable act on behalf of OdishaLIVE,” he said.
Shri Nilambar Rath, Founder & Editor, OdishaLIVE, in his inaugural speech said,” The morals of Madhubabu is interlinked with today’s world. A Start Up corner has been set up to encourage Odisha’s young entrepreneurs.
Pranati Parida, Managing Director, OdishaLIVE and Sandeep Behera, Sales and Branding Head were present at the program among the other eminent people. The author of the book released on Madhubabu, Bhaskar Parichha and designer Sudhakar Biswal were also felicitated at the event.