Bhubaneswar, 24th June, 2016 (OdishaLIVE Bureau): Branding is the emergence of an institution or organization on the global platform and bringing recognition to the brand with global quality, outstanding customer connect and commitment towards the society. ‘Brands of Odisha 2016’, an annual event launched by OdishaLIVE, awarded few of the top homegrown brands of Odisha and recognized them for their presence and impact in the national and global market.
The first edition of ‘Brands of Odisha’ was organised on 22nd June, 2016 at Hotel Swosti Premium, Bhubaneswar. Shri Nilambar Rath, Founder and Editor, welcomed the gathering and presented the objectives of the program. He also welcomed Prahlad Kakar, internationally acclaimed brand and communication Guru, who was the key attraction of the event.
‘Brands of Odisha’ awards were presented in different categories and the 13 awardees were selected on the basis of their great quality, wonderful customer experiences and a long term impact on the society.
The awardees along with the categories are as follows:
- National Aluminium Company Limited (Nalco) was awarded as the ‘Emerging Global Brand’ and the award was received by Mr. K.C.Samal, Director, Finance, NALCO
- Institute of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital was awarded as the ‘Health Care Next’ and the award was received by Dr. Pusparaj Samantsinghar, Medical Superintendent, SUM Hospital
- Ruchi Spices was awarded as the ‘King of Kitchen’ and the award was received by Mr. Sarat Sahoo, Founder and Managing Director, Om Oil and Floor Mills Limited
- Mayfair Lagoon was awarded under the category ‘Luxury in Hospitality’ and the award was received by Mr. Pradeep Mahapatra, General Manager, Mayfair Hotels and Resorts Limited & Mr. Ajay Bharti, Asst. Vice President (Operations), Mayfair Hotels and Resorts Limited
- Gopalpur Ports Limited was awarded as the ‘Gateway of East Coast’ and the award was received by Mr. Binod Panigrahi, Vice President Corporate Communications , Gopalpur Ports Limited.
- Smart City Bhubaneswar was awarded under the category ‘Smart in India’ and the award was received by Mr. Alok Kumar Kar, Addl. Commissioner, Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation
- Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) was awarded as the ‘Global Icon’ and the award was received by Dr. Prasant Routray, CEO, KISS
- Boyanika was awarded under the category ‘Weaving Heritage’ and the award was received by Mr. Bishnu Prasad Mishra, Managing Director, Boyanika Handloom Weavers Coop Society Limited
- Sanket Communications was awarded as the ‘Commander of Communication’ and the award was received by Mr. Dillip Kumar Panda, Head Finance, Sanket Communications Private Limited
- Khimji Jewellers was awarded as the ‘Golden Glaze’
- Jyote Motors Private Limited was awarded as the ‘Auto Wonder’ and the award was received by Mr. Devjyoti Patnaik, MD & CEO, Jyote Motors Private Limited
- ‘Madhukunj Agarbati’ was awarded ‘Fragrance of Odisha’ and the award was received by Mr. Vikash Agarwal, Marketing Head, Shri Balaji Incense Industries
- Baidyabooti Kotika Ayurvedic Oil was awarded under the category ‘FMCG – Flying High’.
Minister of Industries, School and Mass Education, Shri Devi Prasad Mishra; Shri Priyadarshi Mishra, MLA, Bhubaneswar (North); Shri Bipin Bihari Mishra, Former DG Police; Shri Abasar Beuria, Former Diplomat and Shri Jaganath Das, COO & Business Head, News World Odisha were few of the eminent personalities who presented the awards to the awardees.
Concluding the awards ceremony, Shri Devi Prasad Mishra said, “Odisha is growing into an international brand. Many of the sectors have marked their footprints in making Odisha global. However, much work still needs to be done and many of the sectors need to uphold their strategy and clear the path towards improvement.”
Mrs. Pranati Parida, Managing Director, OdishaLIVE and Mr. Sandeep Behera, Head Sales and Branding were also present on the occasion on behalf of the organisation. Ms. Diksha Tiwari anchored the show.