Bhubaneswar, 5th August, 2016 (OdishaLIVE Bureau): In pursuance of the decision to celebrate the forthcoming Independence Day as Independence festival, Ministry of Human Resource Development plans to arrange a series of events in educational institution across the country. It was earlier decided that the period from 9th August , 2016 to 23rd August 2016 be celebrated as “Azadi 70- Yaad Karo Kurbani” (Freedom Fortnight) to re-instill the spirit of freedom struggle and national movement among the younger generation. A list of suggested activities is being circulated among Secretaries of Education of all states/UTs, heads of CBSE, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangatan (KVS) and Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
It is directed to circulate the draft list of activities to all the schools under their purview, including private and aided schools asking them to carry out as many activities as possible. It is to be ensured that the each primary/upper primary/elementary/secondary school takes up at least one activity and each higher secondary school takes up at least two activities. Mass singing of the National Anthem at 11.00 AM on Tuesday, the 23rd August, 2016 is to be conducted across all the schools in the country.
The suggested list of activities include
1) Mass recitation of the National Anthem by all students in the state/UT, including private and unaided schools at 11.00 AM on 23rd August ( the last day of Fortnight long celebrations)
2) School Children could paint greeting cards for Jawans posted at border stations. These could be sent to the nearest APO for forwarding to the jawans.
3) Mass tree plantation drive by the students may be organized to unstill the idea of sustainable development.
4) Talks can be organized in the schools by invited persons on the theme of freedom Movement. Special focus may be on martyrs from the state/UT or local areas. 5) Painting, Elocution, Essay Writing, Slogan Writing and Patriot song singing competitions may be organized.
6) Plays with Freedom movement theme may organized; Freedom Run may also be organized
Participating schools are directed to send regular reports to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or update the events and photographs on the website www.mhrd.gov.in and on facebook azadi 70.
Department of Higher education is also directed to take necessary steps to celebrate the Freedom Fortnight in befitting manner in the institutes and autonomous bodies under its purview.