Bhubaneswar, 05 Jan 2016 (OdishaLIVE Bureau): National Aluminium Company Limited (Nalco), the Navratna CPSE, under Ministry of Mines, Govt. of India, is going to felicitate 17 young achievers of Odisha covering different fields. The achievers shall be honoured during the Foundation Day Celebrations of the company on 7th January in Bhubaneswar.
Nalco shall honour the following persons for their exemplary accomplishments:
- Ananya Sritam Nanda (Winner of Indian Idol Junior Title)
- Rituraj Mohanty (Winner of India’s Raw Star Title)
- Dutee Chand (Ace Athlete)
- Saina Salonika (Chess Player)
- Lalita Prasida Sripada Srisai (Winner of Community Impact Award at Google Science Fair)
- Jogabyasa Bhoi (Mountaineer)
- Jamunamani Singh (Asha Worker who was appreciated by PM in Mann Ki Baat)
- Bijay Biswaal (Artist, who was also appreciated by PM in Mann Ki Baat)
- Rajesh Meher & Suraj Meher (Guinness World Record Holders for Largest TV Remote Control)
- Jitendra Kumar Biswal (Differently-abled Actor of the film The Desire)
- Sibananda Sethy (Artist, Winner in the World Food Programme Children’s Design Competition)
- Lipsa Pradhan (Winner of National Innovation Foundation Award)
- Srikanta Sahu (Topper in National Skill Contest)
- Bishnu Charan Sasmal, Bikram Kumar Sahoo and Gyana Ranjan Mohanty, folk artistes .
Smt. Susmita Das, noted singer, will be given special recognition for her contributions in rehabilitation of special children through songs and music.
Tapan Kumar Chand, CMD, Nalco, congratulated the young icons and informed that the aluminium major is committed to promote the image of Odisha through a number of measures, including recognitions and assistance to upcoming icons in different walks of life. Nalco will not only honour these talents, but will continue to promote the recepients.
The above persons will be felicitated during the 36th Foundation Day Celebrations of Nalco on 7th January in Bhubaneswar, by Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Steel & Mines, in presence of Jual Oram, Union Minister of Tribal Affairs, Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas. Among other dignitaries, Prafulla Kumar Mallik, Minister of State (IC) of Steel & Mines, Labour & Employees’ State Insurance, Govt. of Odisha, Balvinder Kumar, Secretary, Ministry of Mines, Govt. of India, Members of Parliament Dr. Prasanna Kumar Patasani, Tathagata Satpathy, Nagendra Kumar Pradhan and Jhina Hikaka shall be present over the event.